From: Zlatko Calusic <zlatko.calusic@iskon.hr>
Cc: Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: mailcap - caching "nil" failed test
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:54:13 +0100	[thread overview]

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> If there's a mailcap-mime-data entry with no 'test clause, then I
>> think mailcap-viewer-test-cache is getting an entry "(nil t)" which
>> means that "nil" for failure comes back as "t" for success.
>
>> I struck this with a silly mozilla entry in the debian /etc/mailcap,
>> "text/html; false; x-mozilla-flags=internal" when viewing some html.
>> It then makes failed tests like my pdf on a dumb tty example end up
>> getting run.
>
>> 2006-01-28  Kevin Ryde  <user42@zip.com.au>
>
>> 	* mailcap.el (mailcap-viewer-passes-test): Don't put "(nil t)" into
>> 	mailcap-viewer-test-cache when there's no 'test clause, since that
>> 	will invert the meaning of a "nil" test previously determined by
>> 	mailcap-mailcap-entry-passes-test.
>
>> In the diff below I didn't reindent the second half of the func, so as
>> to best show the actual bits changed.
>
> I've applied your patch to the trunk and the v5-10 branch.
> Thank you.

Hm, I don't know if its connected to this (and the second one) change
to the mailcap.el, but recently I have started having problems when
clicking on attachments with spaces in the name. It was working nice
for the last year or so, and now it once again stopped working. The
system is Debian Linux unstable with gnus 5.10.6-1.NO.20051213-1
(watch out, version number is misleading!).

Is this a recession in the trunk or should I report this as a debian
bug?
--
Zlatko