* Simon Josefsson (2005-12-13) writes: > No. Since it is not registered, we should either register it or > remove it. I'm not sure custom: URLs are that useful, so removing it > is probably fine. Okay, this is still being done in the updated patch attached to this message. > Ralf Angeli writes: > >> One additional thought: The function `gnus-button-handle-custom' in >> the patch is so generic now that it could probably be called something >> like `gnus-button-funcall-on-strings'. If it should be named like >> that, I'll change its interface so that it can accept an arbitrary >> number of arguments just like `funcall'. > > I think this would be better. I thought about this once more and I don't think it can be generalized so easily. The customize-* functions expect symbols as arguments, so the strings coming from the regexps used for parsing an article have to be interned. So I'd have to intern every argument passed to a hypothetical `gnus-button-funcall-on-strings'. But of course not every possible function to be called through it expects symbols as arguments. So for now I left the function name alone in order to document its limited usefuleness. Here is a ChangeLog entry and the patch: 2005-12-14 Ralf Angeli * gnus-art.el (gnus-button-handle-custom): Do not just use `customize-apropos' for any "M-x customize-*" button but the function called for. Accept both the function name and its argument in order to achieve this. (gnus-button-alist): Remove support for "custom:" URL's. Pass function name to `gnus-button-handle-custom' in case of "M-x customize-*" buttons.