* Problems upgrading from Gnus 5.9.0 to 5.10.6
@ 2005-10-14 14:02 Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 2005-10-14 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ Please keep me in the Cc as I am not subscribed. ]

I have a working Gnus setup with my primary server being `nnml' and
using a secondary server to read news.  In this nnml server I have
several large groups where I keep my mail archives.  However, when I
upgraded to Gnus 5.10.6, a large number of mails in the archives
appears unread, and all the marks are gone.  It is as if the format of
the underlying backend has quietly changed.

Another problem I see is that, in 5.10.x, newsgroups that I access via
leafnode appear to have much more articles than they really do.  I see
them listed in the Summary buffer, but when I try to read any of those
ancient articles, they disappear with the message that the article
"may have expired or been canceled".  Normally I'd think that this was
somehow Leafnode's fault, except that the problem repeatedly *doesn't*
occur in Gnus 5.9.0.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

* Re: Problems upgrading from Gnus 5.9.0 to 5.10.6
@ 2005-10-25  9:31 ` Zlatko Calusic
From: Zlatko Calusic @ 2005-10-25  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xemacs.org> writes:

> Another problem I see is that, in 5.10.x, newsgroups that I access via
> leafnode appear to have much more articles than they really do.  I see
> them listed in the Summary buffer, but when I try to read any of those
> ancient articles, they disappear with the message that the article
> "may have expired or been canceled".  Normally I'd think that this was
> somehow Leafnode's fault, except that the problem repeatedly *doesn't*
> occur in Gnus 5.9.0.
>
> Has anyone else experienced these problems?

I have this same problem with a "real" news server. When I enter
newsgroup(s) some percentage of the oldest articles are unavailable,
because they are already expired on the news server.

Because I read news very rarely this didn't bother me too much, but
now I see it is not a problem with my setup, more like a general bug.

Anybody else?
--
Zlatko