Hi, this is actually an old problem (see the discussion following on ding) which bit me again because one cannot disable the treatment of format=flowed messages by means of `mm-fill-flowed' with the Gnus version in current CVS Emacs. (Reiner told me that he will change this.) The problem itself is a bogus line break when a message is displayed which includes a quoted empty line with a trailing space followed by a long line with no trailing space. As an example I attached a small file which can be used for testing with `emacs -Q -l flow-fill test.txt -eval "(fill-flowed)"'. The result should look like this >>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? > Xxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? while I would have expected this >>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? Xxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? If I understand RFC3676 correctly one could get rid of this problem by removing space-stuffing not only at the start of lines but also after quote marks. While it would conform to RFC3676 I am not sure if people would like to have quoted text be displayed without spacing between quote marks and text. Thus, the following patch removes space-stuffing only for quoted empty lines: