* gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read and Gcc folders in IMAP
@ 2001-02-20 23:57 NAGY Andras
From: NAGY Andras @ 2001-02-20 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is strange.

Let's consider a group, which is an IMAP folder.  Set
gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read to t.

Send a message when the group in question is not selected, and use it
as Gcc for the message being sent.  After sending and checking for new
mail, the group buffer shows no new messages in the group.  Select the
group and the just sent message shows up as new.  Leave the group, and
the group buffer indicates one new message.

However, when the group is selected when sending, everything works as
expected (neither the group, nor the summary buffer shows the Gcc'd
message as new.)

Andras

* Re: gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read and Gcc folders in IMAP
@ 2001-02-21  6:40 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-21  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

NAGY Andras <nagya@inf.elte.hu> writes:

> This is strange.
>
> Let's consider a group, which is an IMAP folder.  Set
> gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read to t.
>
> Send a message when the group in question is not selected, and use it
> as Gcc for the message being sent.  After sending and checking for new
> mail, the group buffer shows no new messages in the group.  Select the
> group and the just sent message shows up as new.  Leave the group, and
> the group buffer indicates one new message.

I probably fixed the bug.  Please test it.

ShengHuo

* Re: gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read and Gcc folders in IMAP
@ 2001-02-21 17:15   ` NAGY Andras
From: NAGY Andras @ 2001-02-21 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> > Send a message when the group in question is not selected, and use it
> > as Gcc for the message being sent.  After sending and checking for new
> > mail, the group buffer shows no new messages in the group.  Select the
> > group and the just sent message shows up as new.  Leave the group, and
> > the group buffer indicates one new message.
>
> I probably fixed the bug.  Please test it.

Still same behavior. :(

@ 2001-02-21 19:42     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-21 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

NAGY Andras <nagya@inf.elte.hu> writes:

> ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:
>
> > > Send a message when the group in question is not selected, and use it
> > > as Gcc for the message being sent.  After sending and checking for new
> > > mail, the group buffer shows no new messages in the group.  Select the
> > > group and the just sent message shows up as new.  Leave the group, and
> > > the group buffer indicates one new message.
> >
> > I probably fixed the bug.  Please test it.
>
> Still same behavior. :(

I don't use IMAP. Can someone help to figure out this? The code is at
the end of gnus-inews-do-gcc.

ShengHuo