* help me ... levels..
@ 1996-01-02  3:38 Robert Nicholson
From: Robert Nicholson @ 1996-01-02  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've got this set up.

Anything local is leveled 1 and 2 and foreign nntp+ groups are leveled
3

I've set gnus-activate-foreign-newsgroups (whatever) to 2 ie. so it
doesn't try and connect to a foreign server when the link is down.

However, when I 3 g it does not poll for server for newnews for groups
with a level of l. They still have "*"'s next time them after the
newnews request comes back.

I'm using sgnus v0.12

--
                  "For I am Costanza, lord of the Idiots"
            (PGP key: send email with Subject: request pgp key)

* sgnus 0.26: two things
@ 1996-01-02 17:43 ` Nathan O. Siemers
From: Nathan O. Siemers @ 1996-01-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

1.  nnvirtual groups seem to work but I cannot followup to posts
within them - I have to go the the original group.

2.  Is there any way to set the age of an nnfolder message that will
lead to deletion when the message is expired?  Glancing through the
elisp code I couldn't find (or understand) the relevant section.

I think this is my first post to this mailing list (news group :)
Let me know if I should post more detail.

nathan

* Re: help me ... levels..
@ 1996-01-06 11:32 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-06 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

robert@steffi.accessone.com (Robert Nicholson) writes:

> Anything local is leveled 1 and 2 and foreign nntp+ groups are leveled
> 3
>
> I've set gnus-activate-foreign-newsgroups (whatever) to 2 ie. so it
> doesn't try and connect to a foreign server when the link is down.
>
> However, when I 3 g it does not poll for server for newnews for groups
> with a level of l.
                  ^ 3?
> They still have "*"'s next time them after the newnews request comes
> back.

The prefix to the `g' command doesn't affect
`gnus-activate-foreign-newsgroups'.  This is because you might want to
say `3 g' to rescan all native groups on levels 1-3.  But perhaps
there should be a way to do what you want.  But what should the
interface be?  A new command?  Or perhaps `-3 g' should rescan all
groups on level 1, 2 and three, foreign or not?  Or is it totally
counterintuitive to give negative prefixes for something like that?

--
   Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen * larsi@ifi.uio.no
      (a red leaf that falls from the purple tree)

* Re: sgnus 0.26: two things
@ 1996-01-06 11:49   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-06 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

nathan@protos.bms.com (Nathan O. Siemers) writes:

> 1.  nnvirtual groups seem to work but I cannot followup to posts
> within them - I have to go the the original group.

This has been fixed in September 0.27.

> 2.  Is there any way to set the age of an nnfolder message that will
> lead to deletion when the message is expired?

Uhm -- Gnus sets the arrival date of the message when it arrives.  And
it'll be expired when it reaches a certain age.  I'm not quite sure
what you're asking here.

--

@ 1996-01-11  3:59     ` Nathan O. Siemers
From: Nathan O. Siemers @ 1996-01-11  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>>> On Sat, 06 Jan 1996 12:49:56 +0100, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> said:

L> nathan@protos.bms.com (Nathan O. Siemers) writes:
>> 1.  nnvirtual groups seem to work but I cannot followup to posts
>> within them - I have to go the the original group.

L> This has been fixed in September 0.27.

Excellent.

>> 2.  Is there any way to set the age of an nnfolder message that
>> will lead to deletion when the message is expired?

L> Uhm -- Gnus sets the arrival date of the message when it arrives.
L> And it'll be expired when it reaches a certain age.  I'm not quite
L> sure what you're asking here.

	Where is the variable for that "certain age"?  For example,
could I rig sgnus to delete an nnfolder article if it is expired and
two days old (instead of the default age)?

	I'm tired.  Was that any clearer? :_|

nathan

* Re: sgnus 0.26: two things
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-11 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

nathan@protos.bms.com (Nathan O. Siemers) writes:

> 	Where is the variable for that "certain age"?  For example,
> could I rig sgnus to delete an nnfolder article if it is expired and
> two days old (instead of the default age)?

`nnmail-expiry-wait-function' and `nnmail-expiry-wait' are the
variables to fiddle with.  In particular, you could just set
`nnmail-expiry-wait' to 2.  See the manual for details.