From: Ulf Rompe <Ulf.Rompe@icem.de>
Subject: Re: GPG signature verification
Date: 25 May 2001 12:27:09 +0200	[thread overview]

Roland Mas <mas@echo.fr> writes:

> > > If memory serves, once upon a time, the [[PGP signed part:OK]]
> > > (or FAILED) was buttonized and that details were shown on click.
>
> I'm using Mailcrypt with GnuPG 1.0.5, both from Debian.

The output of GnuPG 1.0.5 differs a bit from previous versions. This
renders decryption of crypted mail impossible with mailcrypt 3.5.5 and
maybe also the verify. If you use Emacs you should install the latest
mailcrypt available from Debian which contains a little patch. For
Xemacs it may be the easiest to install mailcrypt 3.5.6 manually,
available from http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/ .

I could also recommend a downgrade to GnuPG 1.0.4 until the mailcrypt
package for Xemacs is up to date but I fear the flames of the security
experts out there. :-)

[x] ulf

--
Besuche machen immer Freude. Wenn nicht beim Kommen, dann beim Gehen.
(Spanisches Sprichwort)