* [pgg.el] Flashes of raw message
@ 2006-12-31  9:30 Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2006-12-31  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

with up-to-date CVS Emacs and No Gnus and the settings
(require 'pgg)
(setq mm-verify-option 'known)
in .gnus, the raw message is shown for a split second when an
encrypted article like
<news:microsoft-free.871wmg1ov8.fsf@youngs.au.com> is opened.  Can
this be remedied somehow?

--
Ralf

* Re: [pgg.el] Flashes of raw message
@ 2007-01-01 19:59 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-01-01 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Ralf Angeli (2006-12-31) writes:

> with up-to-date CVS Emacs and No Gnus and the settings
> (require 'pgg)
> (setq mm-verify-option 'known)
> in .gnus, the raw message is shown for a split second when an
> encrypted article like
> <news:microsoft-free.871wmg1ov8.fsf@youngs.au.com> is opened.  Can
> this be remedied somehow?

Unless you saw the thread on emacs-pretest-bug, I might add that the
culprit is the `sit-for' call in `pgg-gpg-wait-for-completion' which
triggers a redisplay.  Passing t as the NODISP argument does not
help.  (So I'm not sure if there is an Emacs bug as well.)  Using
`sleep-for' instead of `sit-for' does help.

--

@ 2007-01-01 23:58   ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2007-01-01 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> > with up-to-date CVS Emacs and No Gnus and the settings
> > (require 'pgg)
> > (setq mm-verify-option 'known)
> > in .gnus, the raw message is shown for a split second when an
> > encrypted article like
> > <news:microsoft-free.871wmg1ov8.fsf@youngs.au.com> is opened.  Can
> > this be remedied somehow?

> Unless you saw the thread on emacs-pretest-bug, I might add that the
> culprit is the `sit-for' call in `pgg-gpg-wait-for-completion' which
> triggers a redisplay.  Passing t as the NODISP argument does not
> help.  (So I'm not sure if there is an Emacs bug as well.)  Using
> `sleep-for' instead of `sit-for' does help.

I think the right fix is to bind inhibit-redisplay in mml2015-pgg-*
functions, since pgg-gpg-* functions should not affect the display
behavior.  If you are using No Gnus, PGG is becoming obsolete by EasyPG,
though.  Even at the moment, you will see this problem (?) fixed if you
install it.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: [pgg.el] Flashes of raw message
@ 2007-01-02 18:48     ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-01-02 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Daiki Ueno

* Daiki Ueno (2007-01-02) writes:

>> Unless you saw the thread on emacs-pretest-bug, I might add that the
>> culprit is the `sit-for' call in `pgg-gpg-wait-for-completion' which
>> triggers a redisplay.  Passing t as the NODISP argument does not
>> help.  (So I'm not sure if there is an Emacs bug as well.)  Using
>> `sleep-for' instead of `sit-for' does help.
>
> I think the right fix is to bind inhibit-redisplay in mml2015-pgg-*
> functions, since pgg-gpg-* functions should not affect the display
> behavior.

Yes, that would be another approach.

> If you are using No Gnus, PGG is becoming obsolete by EasyPG,
> though.  Even at the moment, you will see this problem (?) fixed if you
> install it.

I just installed EasyPG 0.0.9 which does not exhibit the problem.
Thanks! (c:

--
Ralf