* localdir in xemacs and gnus.info
@ 1996-06-02 17:07 robert
From: robert @ 1996-06-02 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Must I have my own local info tree before the xemacs one?

How can I use the

 Emacs:(emacs).   Cool text editor

syntax to look in the directory of the localdir file and not pick up
the default xemacs gnus node?

* Re: localdir in xemacs and gnus.info
@ 1996-06-02 19:35 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-06-02 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Robert> Must I have my own local info tree before the xemacs one?

If the environment variable INFOPATH is set, that is used.  Just put
the desired directory in there.

If that environment variable isn't set, the ELisp variable
Info-default-directory-list is used instead.  You can add a directory
to it with the following:

  (setq Info-default-directory-list
        (append '("/your/path/goes/here")
                Info-default-directory-list))

or

  (setq Info-default-directory-list
        (append Info-default-directory-list
                '("/your/path/goes/here")))

Try out both ones, I don't know offhand which one makes Info search
your directory first.

hth,
kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: localdir in xemacs and gnus.info
@ 1996-06-04  0:19   ` robert
From: robert @ 1996-06-04  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I don't think I made myself clear.

I can get my entry to appear in the localdir list _only_ if it's called
something other than GNUS. ie. the path stuff is set otherwise it wouldn't be
finding my localdir file. It's just that it ignores the GNUS entry in that
file.