* How to hide Face header when creating message.
@ 2004-01-09  0:00 Nedko Arnaudov
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nedko Arnaudov @ 2004-01-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I've finally created color face image intended to appear in other
people gnus-article-x-face-too-ugly variable :)
I'm using posting styles to set it:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
         ("Face" (gnus-convert-png-to-face (expand-file-name "face.png"
         (expand-file-name ".xemacs" "~")))))))

But now when I create new messages, I have nearly half of my screen
filled with Face header data (encoded). Is there any method to avoid
this ?

--
Nedko Arnaudov

* Re: How to hide Face header when creating message.
@ 2004-01-09  0:24 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2004-01-09  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 02:00:29 +0200, Nedko wrote:

> But now when I create new messages, I have nearly half of my screen
> filled with Face header data (encoded). Is there any method to avoid
> this ?

I sometimes use:

 (add-hook 'message-send-hook 'asjo-add-face-header)

 (defun asjo-add-face-header ()
  "Add a Face: header to the message, if it's a news-article."
  (if (message-news-p)
      (message-add-header "Face: iVBOR[blahblah]")))

for adding a Face: (to newsgroup articles only).

There are probably other ways.

  Best regards,

--
 "I like maxims that don't                                    Adam Sjøgren
  encourage behavior modification"                       asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: How to hide Face header when creating message.
@ 2004-01-09  7:36 ` David Kågedal
From: David Kågedal @ 2004-01-09  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nedko Arnaudov <nedko.arnaudov@atia.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I've finally created color face image intended to appear in other
> people gnus-article-x-face-too-ugly variable :)
> I'm using posting styles to set it:
>
> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>       '((".*"
>          ("Face" (gnus-convert-png-to-face (expand-file-name "face.png"
>          (expand-file-name ".xemacs" "~")))))))
>
> But now when I create new messages, I have nearly half of my screen
> filled with Face header data (encoded). Is there any method to avoid
> this ?

With this code, I can add a simple "Face: <filename>" line and have
the filename expanded to a real image just before sending it.  It's
been a while since I last tried it, though.

(defun dk-expand-face ()
  (save-restriction
    (message-narrow-to-headers)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (when (re-search-forward "^[fF]ace: *\\(.*\\)" nil t)
      (let ((file-name (match-string 1)))
        (if (file-exists-p file-name)
            (replace-match (save-match-data
                             (gnus-face-from-file file-name))
                           t t nil 1)
          (message-remove-header "Face"))))))

(add-hook 'message-send-hook 'dk-expand-face)

--
David Kågedal

* Re: How to hide Face header when creating message.
@ 2004-01-09 22:00 ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2004-01-09 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

· Nedko Arnaudov <nedko.arnaudov-vEyM8ssgbjE@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> But now when I create new messages, I have nearly half of my screen
> filled with Face header data (encoded). Is there any method to avoid
> this ?

`C-h v message-hidden-headers'

Cheers, Ray
--
<18:22> It's actually pretty easy to bind keys with Javascript. So there's
really no reason not to implement Gnus in Javascript. <21:02> Ok; I've now