* re-viewing mail
@ 1999-04-07 22:41 John Saylor
From: John Saylor @ 1999-04-07 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I'm having a problem in that I'd like to see mails that I've already
read. To do this, I need to read everything in the group and then when
I go into a group that has no new messages in it, I can read all the
old messages.

There must be some variable where I can see these things without
having to read everything. For instance, if I tick a message, I need
to untick it and mark it as read to see the other messages.

I have looked at the manual and must have missed it. Suggestions,
pointers, or aphorisms welcome.

--
\js

"I'm not a god, I was misquoted."
-- Lister, Red Dwarf

* Re: re-viewing mail
@ 1999-04-07 22:49 ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1999-04-07 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Saylor writes:

> I'm having a problem in that I'd like to see mails that I've already
> read.

In the *Group* buffer, type `C-h k SPC'.  This explains quite
succinctly how to do what you want.

--
Colin

* Re: re-viewing mail
@ 1999-04-07 23:36 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1999-04-07 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Saylor <jsaylor@mediaone.net> writes:

> I'm having a problem in that I'd like to see mails that I've already
> read.

RFAQ.

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/software/contrib/gnus/#Q3_7

--