From: Justin Sheehy <justin@linus.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: mail-extract-address-components vs gnus-...
Date: 30 Oct 1997 09:36:17 -0500	[thread overview]

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> Interestingly enough, this is intentional.

Yup.  I discovered this shortly after I sent that message.

> From: & Niksic <hrvoje@foo.bar>
>
> ...would be translated as
>
> From: Hrvoje Niksic <hrvoje@foo.bar>
>
> mail-extr does this "properly."

I think that "intentional" and "proper" are not the same thing.

See discussion on gnu.emacs.bug.

Yes, I realize that it probably isn't going to change anytime soon, as
that behavior was intentionally caused.  I still think that it is a
rather boneheaded "feature".

--
Justin Sheehy

In a cloud bones of steel.