* draft directory : agent + restart bug
@ 2011-01-30  5:51 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-30  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

My, probably overzealous, nndraft/queue set up is

,----
|     (setq nnml-directory "~/.emacs.d/Mail/")
|
|     (setq nndraft-directory "~/.emacs.d/Mail/drafts/")
|
|     (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods nil)
|
|     (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
|                  '(nndraft ""
|                            (nndraft-directory "~/.emacs.d/Mail/drafts/")
|                            ))
`----

All works fine. I go offline with the agent J j. Then, when I quit
gnus, nndraft-directory is reset back to .emacs.d/drafts on gnus
restart.

* Re: draft directory : agent + restart bug
@ 2011-01-30 11:31 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-30 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> All works fine. I go offline with the agent J j. Then, when I quit
> gnus, nndraft-directory is reset back to .emacs.d/drafts on gnus
> restart.

Yes.  nndraft-directory is a backend slot, not a variable.

* Re: draft directory : agent + restart bug
@ 2011-01-30 11:52   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-30 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> All works fine. I go offline with the agent J j. Then, when I quit
>> gnus, nndraft-directory is reset back to .emacs.d/drafts on gnus
>> restart.
>
> Yes.  nndraft-directory is a backend slot, not a variable.

I'm sorry but I dont understand this at all. What is a backend slot? It
doesnt come up in a manual search.

In my config I even had, out of my ignorance as to how all this works,
this bit you snipped :

|     (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
|                  '(nndraft ""
|                            (nndraft-directory "~/.emacs.d/Mail/drafts/")
|                            ))

Is that not using a "back end slot"? If not could you explain a little
more please as the same issue or phrase has now stumped me with spam
splitting - the config I posted has been passed by gnus experts for
months and no one ever mentioned backend slots before

Sorry if this is obvious but I'm now officially lost ;(

thanks

r.