* Adaptive Scores do not total correctly
@ 1997-02-10 22:21 Graham Murray
From: Graham Murray @ 1997-02-10 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have noticed a slight problem with adaptive scoring, where the total
score for an article (as reported by V S) does not agree with the
breakdown figures (as reported by V t)

For example, here is the breakdown figure for a particular article I
have just read:-

("lmarks@vnet.ibm.com (Laurence V. Marks)" 312 729065 s)  ->  comp.dcom.isdn.adapt
("lmarks@vnet.ibm.com" 9 729065 s)  ->  comp.dcom.isdn.adapt
("ISDN TA's and OS/2" 240 729065 f)  ->  comp.dcom.isdn.adapt

The total score for this article was only shown as 321, which makes it
look as though the subject scoring has been ignored.  I notice that
the actual subject has "Re: " at the front, but V t counts it but V S
(and the summary display line which I have to show the score of each
article) does not.

This is not isolated, I have noticed it in other groups and with other
articles as well.

* Re: Adaptive Scores do not total correctly
@ 1997-02-11 12:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-02-11 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Murray <graham@barnowl.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I have noticed a slight problem with adaptive scoring, where the total
> score for an article (as reported by V S) does not agree with the
> breakdown figures (as reported by V t)

I've had other similar reports (usually in connection with fuzzy
scores).  I haven't been able to reproduce it.  Has anybody else seen
this and can debug it?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen