* Gnus tries to write to invalid OS/2 filename in emacs 19.31
@ 1996-06-01 15:51 Graham Murray
From: Graham Murray @ 1996-06-01 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am sending this to both the ding and emx lists because I don't know
if it is a problem with gnus or with the emx port of emacs 19.31.

In Sgnus 5.2.4 and emacs 19.31 when I try to exit an nnml group, the
following debug trace is generated.  It looks as though it is trying
to save an adaptive score file to a file with an illegal OS/2 name
(because it has expanded ~/ to include the driive letter AND it has
included the 'nnnml+graham:' prefix which also includes a ':')

Under emacs 19.30.1, this problem did not occur and I can find no
trace of any score files for my nnml mail groups.

After I had upgraded emacs, I rebuilt gnus 5.2.4 which is in its own
directory which my .emacs file adds to the start of the load-path.

Signaling: (file-error "Opening output file" "no such file or directory" "h:/graham/news/nnml+graham:mail.misc.adapt")
  write-region(1 154 "h:/graham/news/nnml+graham:mail.misc.adapt" nil silent)
  gnus-score-save()
  gnus-summary-update-info()
  gnus-summary-exit()
* call-interactively(gnus-summary-exit)

--
Graham Murray

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-06-01 15:51 UTC | newest]