* Help With Expiry Marks
@ 2003-10-29 14:58 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-29 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a group that is set up for auto-expire.  I have a few questions:

1) This means that a 'catchup' will automatically mark as 'E' all unread
   messages and that all read messages are also marked as 'E'?

2) If I want one of my read messages to NOT be marked as 'E' what do I do?
   Is the 'd' command the correct thing to do?

3) I have been marking for cache ('!') all messages that I do not want to
   lose.  Is this correct?  Or will the answer to (2) ensure that the message
   remains?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com

* Re: Help With Expiry Marks
@ 2003-10-30 13:04 ` Mårten Svantesson
From: Mårten Svantesson @ 2003-10-30 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> I have a group that is set up for auto-expire.  I have a few questions:
>
> 1) This means that a 'catchup' will automatically mark as 'E' all unread
>    messages and that all read messages are also marked as 'E'?

No, only unmarked messages will be marked expirable.

> 2) If I want one of my read messages to NOT be marked as 'E' what do I do?
>    Is the 'd' command the correct thing to do?
>
> 3) I have been marking for cache ('!') all messages that I do not want to
>    lose.  Is this correct?  Or will the answer to (2) ensure that the message
>    remains?

Both works. The choice depends on whether you want the messages to be
shown in the message buffer by default or not.

--
                - Mårten

mail: msv@kth.se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385