* Deleting a group
@ 2005-05-12  6:12 Flatman
From: Flatman @ 2005-05-12  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

How can I delete a group permanently ? ( articles included )
When I kill a group, it shows up again when getting new messages (with g) and old articles are still there ...

Thanks

* Re: Deleting a group
@ 2005-05-12  7:53 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-05-12  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 12 2005, Flatman wrote:

> How can I delete a group permanently ? ( articles included )

How about using the manual?  I can hardly believe that this cannot be
found using the index search or apropos by combining the two keywords
"group" and "delete".  ;-)

,----[ (info "(gnus)Foreign Groups") ]
| `G DEL'
|      This function will delete the current group
|      (`gnus-group-delete-group').  If given a prefix, this function will
|      actually delete all the articles in the group, and forcibly remove
|      the group itself from the face of the Earth.  Use a prefix only if
|      you are absolutely sure of what you are doing.  This command can't
|      be used on read-only groups (like `nntp' groups), though.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Deleting a group
@ 2005-05-12  7:57 ` Maciej Matysiak
From: Maciej Matysiak @ 2005-05-12  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On the 12th of May 2005 at 08:12, Flatman <flatman#swing.be> wrote:

> How can I delete a group permanently ? ( articles included )

`G del' (gnus-group-delete-group).

 m.m.
--
 use gnus, not guns!