* why gnus lost my rss addresses?
@ 2004-12-08  8:01 Alex Ott
From: Alex Ott @ 2004-12-08  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

i have one problem, that arise second time - gnus lost url's for rss feeds
for blogs.  Why this problem arise? I don't want recreate groups manually,
how can i restore addresses?

--
With best wishes, Alex Ott
Jet Infosystems,       http://www.jetinfosoft.ru/

* Re: why gnus lost my rss addresses?
@ 2004-12-21  0:01 ` Xavier Maillard
       [not found]   ` <plop87llbsh64g.fsf-icAv0V0KtPVAfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-12-21  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  8 déc 2004, Alex Ott wrote:

> Hello

Hi,

> i have one problem, that arise second time - gnus lost url's
> for rss feeds for blogs. Why this problem arise? I don't want
> recreate groups manually, how can i restore addresses?

This is, unfortunately, a very-well-known problem © which annoyed
me too some time ago. In fact, Gnus seems AFAIR to forget some of
these RSS feeds between sessions. I also recall a "basic" patch
was posted somewhere that tried to limit this behaviour. This
didn't make it for me so I gave up using RSS with Gnus.

SOrry not to be of more help.
--
Xavier Maillard

main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],(unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}

@ 2004-12-21  8:20     ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2004-12-21  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard <zedek-icAv0V0KtPVAfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> This is, unfortunately, a very-well-known problem © which annoyed
> me too some time ago. In fact, Gnus seems AFAIR to forget some of
> these RSS feeds between sessions. I also recall a "basic" patch
> was posted somewhere that tried to limit this behaviour. This
> didn't make it for me so I gave up using RSS with Gnus.

I have the following in my configuration file, maybe it helps?
,----[.gnus]
| (setq nnrss-group-alist
|       '(("Heise" "http://www.heise.de/newsticker/heise.rdf" "Computer News")
|         ("Tagesschau" "http://www.tagesschau.de/newsticker.rdf" "Nachrichten")
|         ("Spiegel" "http://www.spiegel.de/schlagzeilen/rss/0,5291,,00.xml" "Spiegel Online" )))
`----

Disclaimer: I have no idea why I put it there or whether it helps.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

* Re: why gnus lost my rss addresses?
@ 2004-12-21 20:08       ` Xavier Maillard
       [not found]         ` <plop871xdj76sx.fsf-icAv0V0KtPVAfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-12-21 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 déc 2004, Jochen Küpper wrote:

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org>
> writes:
>
> > This is, unfortunately, a very-well-known problem © which
> > annoyed me too some time ago. In fact, Gnus seems AFAIR to
> > forget some of these RSS feeds between sessions. I also
> > recall a "basic" patch was posted somewhere that tried to
> > limit this behaviour. This didn't make it for me so I gave up
> > using RSS with Gnus.
>
> I have the following in my configuration file, maybe it helps?
> ;;; lisp code: .gnus
> (setq nnrss-group-alist '(("Heise"
> "http://www.heise.de/newsticker/heise.rdf" "Computer News")
> ("Tagesschau" "http://www.tagesschau.de/newsticker.rdf"
> "Nachrichten") ("Spiegel"
> "http://www.spiegel.de/schlagzeilen/rss/0,5291,,00.xml"
> "Spiegel Online" )))
> ;;; end of lisp code
> Disclaimer: I have no idea why I put it there or whether it helps.

Do you, with this, face the same problem as I do or other do ?

--
Xavier Maillard
7 rue Jeanne Jugan, 51100 Reims, France

@ 2004-12-21 21:48           ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2004-12-21 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard <zedek-icAv0V0KtPVAfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org> writes:

[...]

> Do you, with this, face the same problem as I do or other do ?

No.