* New feature: offline status
@ 2002-01-11  2:52 ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-01-11  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

A new status of server, offline, is added. When you can not open an
agent covered server, you'll be asked whether to go offline.  In
offline status, the server works as if it is unplugged.  Therefore,
you can have some servers online and others offline at the same time.

If you are uncomfortable with the question,
       (setq gnus-server-unopen-status 'denied)

ShengHuo

* Re: New feature: offline status
@ 2002-01-11 14:47 ` Bjørn Mork
From: Bjørn Mork @ 2002-01-11 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> A new status of server, offline, is added. When you can not open an
> agent covered server, you'll be asked whether to go offline.  In
> offline status, the server works as if it is unplugged.  Therefore,
> you can have some servers online and others offline at the same time.

Great idea! And I see that you can force some servers offline too,
which was the next feature I was going to ask. This is making agent
very useful for slow and/or badly connected servers.

> If you are uncomfortable with the question,
>        (setq gnus-server-unopen-status 'denied)

I think
  (setq gnus-server-unopen-status 'offline)
is going to make me really happy :-)

Bjørn