Simon Josefsson writes: > Bjørn Mork writes: > >> Having them there means that agent forgets the server every time you >> change its select-method by adding, removing or changing a variable. >> I can't really see any reason why that's necessary, but maybe I'm >> missing something? Why not use a reference to the select-method like >> its done in ~/newsrc.eld? > > I think this should be done too. Does anyone have a specific idea > (read: patch) on how to do it? :-) The attached patch seems to fix it, but should be reviewed by someone with a little lisp knowledge. I am pretty clueless in this area (too) and have most likely done some very basic errors here. Note that I've only changed the file format. It would probably have been better to change the content of gnus-agent-covered-methods instead of changing gnus-agent-{read,write}-servers, but that would require more changes than I feel comfortable doing... Although the file format changes, I still believe this change is backwards compatible since Gnus always has been able to read the new format. Bjørn -- So, trees are crass?