Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes: > I don't grok dolist (never used it), Nor had I before. It was just something I found near the lines I changed :-) > so I'm not 100% sure of what's > happening. One thing I notice is that the old code always sets the > variable to a one-element list. With the new code, the list could > grow more and more if gnus-agent-read-servers is called multiple > times. No it wouldn't. add-to-list will take care of that. But my approach was of course very inefficient and inelegant. > If this is what's happening, mapcar seems to be the winner :-) Yup, beautiful. This is what I wanted to do. I just didn't know how. Thanks. I've attached a new version of the patch using your code. Bjørn -- Your bad grammar reminds me of a Jewish grandmother.