S Josefsson writes: > Paul Stevenson writes: > > > Hello, > > > > Is there an official minimum emacs version required for ognus? As of > > cancel-locks being added, my 20.3.1 seems not good enough: > > The manual says Emacs 20.3 or XEmacs 20.4 or later, so if those > doesn't work, it is a bug. Oh. Oh yes. My bad. > > While compiling the end of the data in file > > [...]/emacs/ognus/lisp/canlock.el: ** the function > > base64-encode-string is not known to be defined. > > > > So I can't send news... Short of persuading the sysadmin to upgrade > > emacs, which I know he'd put at the bottom of a large pile of jobs, > > am I restricted to older gnusę? > > No. Does your emacs have `base64-encode-region'? As a workaround put > gnus/contrib in your load path. Again, my bad (as they say these days). I jumped to the wrong conclusion about the above message. It finds the base64 stuff just fine. Here's the backtrace of what happens when it fails