* pick up functions such as /{a,s,...}
@ 2001-04-19 16:49 Shigeki Uno
From: Shigeki Uno @ 2001-04-19 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello, ding users.

the more i get accustomed to gnus, the more i find lots of helpful
functions of gnus.

when i want to pick up * marked articles in summary buffer after
entering one group, just typing "/ *" makes me enable to pick up
them. however, when it comes to pick up articles by author or subject
etc, i have to list up all the articles in summary buffer and after
that i finally can pick up them. right?

so are there any ways to be able to do the above without listing up
all the articles?

thanks in advance,

-Shigeki Uno
mailto:shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp

* Re: pick up functions such as /{a,s,...}
@ 2001-04-20  8:39 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-04-20  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 20 Apr 2001, Shigeki Uno wrote:

> so are there any ways to be able to do the above without listing up
> all the articles?

No, the `/' functions do limiting, ie they restrict the set of
articles visible.  Except for `/ w' which pops a limit, and the other
exceptions `/ *' and `/ E'.

kai
--
The passive voice should never be used.

* Re: pick up functions such as /{a,s,...}
@ 2001-04-22 15:07   ` Shigeki Uno
From: Shigeki Uno @ 2001-04-22 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch for such a long time.

> On 20 Apr 2001, Shigeki Uno wrote:
>
> > so are there any ways to be able to do the above without listing up
> > all the articles?
>
> No, the `/' functions do limiting, ie they restrict the set of
> articles visible.  Except for `/ w' which pops a limit, and the other
> exceptions `/ *' and `/ E'.

Mmm, that's too bad.

Thanks a lot, Kai.

--

@ 2001-04-23 16:10   ` Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-04-23 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

K Großjohann writes:

> On 20 Apr 2001, Shigeki Uno wrote:
>
> > so are there any ways to be able to do the above without listing up
> > all the articles?
>
> No, the `/' functions do limiting, ie they restrict the set of
> articles visible.  Except for `/ w' which pops a limit, and the other
> exceptions `/ *' and `/ E'.

While we're requesting little features - to be able to limit to
secondary as well as to primary marks would be nice.

What I wanted to do once, and that I still think would be k3wl, is to
create an nnvirtual group containing groups matching ^nnfolder+mail
which automaticall limited itself to articles which were less than
(say) a day old and which had not been replied to, so that I could
look at the end of the day at mails that I had received and not
replied to and have a last think about whether I wanted to or not.

As far as I remembered when I tried, this wasn't possible beacuse I
couldn't limit to answered articles, they being represented by a
secondary mark.