I received a message on a mailing list which the sender's software had encoded in a strange way. The message looked like this: [1. application/x-pkcs7-mime; smime.p7m]... I decided to select 'view as type' from the mouse-3 menu on the above button, and said 'text/plain'. Then I could see some trash followed by the message. (I can't post it because it says "Multibyte character in QP encoding region" - because of the 'trash', no doubt). However, doing this hosed thing a bit in that pressing more or less any key (q, for example) resulted in: Wrong type argument: listp, "smime p7m" All I could do was kill the Article _and_ Group buffers Here is the backtrace I got when trying to quit the Article buffer: