From: Ralf Angeli <angeli@caeruleus.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Spurious line inserted if mm-uu-hide-markers is nil
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 08:34:37 +0100	[thread overview]

* Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen (2010-11-21) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <angeli@caeruleus.net> writes:
>
>> if you set `mm-uu-hide-markers' to nil as to not lose stuff like
>> verbatim marks when replying to a message, then a spurious empty line is
>> inserted in front of a region marked with `message-mark-inserted-region'
>> such as this:
>> foo
>> The empty line is fontified with the face `mm-uu-extract'.
>
> Where is the empty line inserted?  I set `mm-uu-hide-markers' to nil,
> and I can't really see any empty lines anywhere...

Right above the upper verbatim mark.  So here it looks like this:

| foo

When I wrote the original article there was one empty line above the
upper verbatim mark and one below the lower verbatim mark.  (In your
quote above those are suspiciously missing.)  The second one on top was
not there originally.  This happens with the current development version
of Emacs (trunk) and the version of Gnus coming with it.

--
Ralf