Sivaram Neelakantan writes: > On Mon, Nov 29 2010,Dan Christensen wrote: >> Maybe it's worth asking the user, since deletion is permanent? This is >> done in gnus-summary-delete-article if gnus-novice-user is set. Since >> that's the only occurrence of that variable in gnus-sum.el, maybe you >> could just set that variable in nnir groups?? Or maybe you want a >> customized question: "Deleting articles will delete them from the >> original groups. Proceed?" >> > > I second this. Though, I think there might be use cases where people > might want to only delete in the searched articles to keep the search > list sane or refine it further by simply deleting the matches that > were false positives. That's within the search context and not > permanent deletion. > Maybe binding C-k or the like to do this here would make sense? Rupert