Francis Moreau writes: > > BTW, if you needn't to modify the patches and only want to see them > before sending them then you can currently do this: > > M-! git format-patch --stdout HEAD~4 >/tmp/patch-set.mbox > C-x b *Group* > G f /tmp/patch-set.mbox > > This will create a nndoc group which contains all your patches as > articles. > > Then you can mark all of them and resend them with 'S D r'. But you > can't add Cc or Gcc header fields with this method. ... so I just tried this on another project's mailing list. Problem: the result isn't threaded. My 'ideal method' at the moment (inspired by the above) works something like this (1) Hack and wrestle with git until you have a history you're willing for someone else to laugh at. (2) git format-patch --cover-letter --stdout master \ --to='foo@bar.com' --thread >tmp.mbox This creates the mbox as above, but also adds a dummy first email (patch 0/n) and says where to send it to (so you don't have to type it repeatedly in a bit). (3) Now open up the mbox file in emacs and edit the first email so it has a nice covering letter explaining why you're spamming the mailing list. (4) Now do 'G f tmp.mbox' from the *Group* buffer. If everything looks hunky-dory (and threaded!), do the 'S D r' thang. (5) Climb into your bunker before the flames land. Notes: Sadly nndoc doesn't let us just edit the mbox inside gnus, although I suppose I'm not sure how that would work. More sadly still (and possibly this is me being stupid?), if you realise something looks rubbish, the obvious approach of C-k killing the group, editing the mbox file and then doing G f again doesn't work, because Gnus cleverly caches the emails it seems (when I changed the number of emails I was getting the wrong ones!). Is there a way to tell gnus to completely forget about the group? Rupert