Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > So the problem is: If you have a split that you're using both for POP3 > and IMAP, then POP3 one needs a default split, while the IMAP shouldn't > have one. > > Gnus deals with this by special-casing the IMAP case. It simply ignores > "" (catch-all) rules. > > We could deal with this by: > > 1) Just document that IMAP client-side splits ignores the catch-all > rule. > > 2) Something else. Ideas are welcome. Couldn't you say that catch-all rules are followed if they exist on IMAP? (And if there isn't one, stuff is left in INBOX, as you described) I don't understand why this doesn't make sense... Rupert