* two versions of starttls.el?
@ 2004-05-26 21:09 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2004-05-26 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

So now that there's a "merged" version of starttls.el (in contrib/), is
there any point to keeping the old version in lisp/?  The situation
seemed confusing enough before, but now it's even weirder; why not just
put the merged version in lisp/ and get rid of all other versions?

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff

* Re: two versions of starttls.el?
@ 2004-05-27  7:19 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2004-05-27  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> So now that there's a "merged" version of starttls.el (in contrib/), is
> there any point to keeping the old version in lisp/?  The situation
> seemed confusing enough before, but now it's even weirder; why not just
> put the merged version in lisp/ and get rid of all other versions?

Sounds right.  I forgot about the copy in lisp/.  I've done what you
propose, thanks.

Btw, I'd appreciate if people using STARTTLS would try to install
GNUTLS (0.9.90 or later) and do (setq starttls-use-gnutls t) to test
the new GNUTLS support in starttls.el.

Note!  There should be NO change in behaviour resulting from this
patch, unless you toggle that variable.  If something stops working,
pleas tell me.

For more information, see:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/23967