* recent message.el quote changes.
@ 2001-08-07 17:31 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-08-07 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

The recent changes aren't perfect, I've seen a few versions of the
following in just 2-3 days.  Original text:

,----
| >I think some servers MIME parse messages and store them in another
| >equivalent format somehow, and when clients requests RFC822-messages
| >it reconstructs MIME delimiters and MIME headers.  All the
| information
| >is there, but since the signature was calculated over the first MIME
| >delimiters/headers the reconstruction often breaks the signature.
`----

When quoted with recent Gnus it looks like:

,----
| >>I think some servers MIME parse messages and store them in another
| >>equivalent format somehow, and when clients requests RFC822-messages
| >>it reconstructs MIME delimiters and MIME headers.  All the
| > information
| > >is there, but since the signature was calculated over the first MIME
| >>delimiters/headers the reconstruction often breaks the signature.
`----

Maybe the assumption that quoted lines are always preceeded by a blank
line is too much.  My feelings is that it's difficult to get AI to
work, especially intelligent AI. :-)