* Re: bug in displaying the siged message
       [not found]   ` <eyd76g2gwx.fsf@vsu.ru>
@ 2001-08-01 22:33     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-08-01 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vsu.ru> writes:

> "SJ" == Simon Josefsson writes:
>
> SJ> This is weird -- the verify routines haven't even run when this
> SJ> happens.  So it must be something in the general MIME
> SJ> decoding/viewing stuff.  Do you get any errors?  M-x
> SJ> toggle-debug-on-error RET.  Perhaps also try removing any
> SJ> articles hooks or similar.
>
> now (after updating from cvs) displaying multipart messages is fixed
> (someone fixed it -- i see no relevant records in ChangeLog :).

Good.

> the following issues with s/mime still need to be solved:
>
> * viewing encrypted s/mime messages still gives the same error.
>
> * you removed ignoring stderr output from openssl, and as a result i
>   see error messages inside the generated MIME message. e.g.:

Better now?

> * setting smime-extra-arguments to "-rand" "/etc/entropy" gives an
>   error from openssl, because you append this before other arguments.
>   (it should be appended after, if at all).
>
>   please remove smime-extra-arguments because adding an argument like
>   "-rand" to all openssl commands is not relevant.
>
>   i will use a patch for the time being (until openssl will look to
>   /etc/entropy by itself in the next version).

Done.

> * when signing (using s/mime) a multipart message, i only get one
>   first part signed, but i would like to be able to sign any part(s) i
>   want. e.g., even if i write:
>
>   <part sign=smime keyfile="/home/noc/vvv/.certs/vvv-cert.pem">
>   this is the first part
>   <part type="application/octet-stream" filename="/etc/passwd" disposition=attachment>
>   </part>
>   </part>
>
>   then in the resulting message, only the text part is signed.
>
>   i would like to be able to sign (and to encode) any parts of a
>   multipart MIME message, according to its MML structure.

I think you're MML is incorrect for that; something like should
describe what you want:

<multipart sign=smime keyfile="/home/jas/jas.key+cert">
<part>
this is the first part
<part type="application/octet-stream" filename="/etc/passwd" disposition=attachment>

This seem to work for me.

(The first <part> is implicit.)

> * is it possible to cache a password for the protected key? gnus asks
>   for a password for each new message. maybe it is possible to add
>   caching options: for current session, and for, say, 1 hour.

I'll put it on my todo list.

Thanks for your S/MIME testing!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-08-01 22:33 UTC | newest]