* Q: updating article list for a group
@ 2004-09-25  6:04 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2004-09-25  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I read my IMAP folders via gnus from several computers. Sometimes,
e.g. in the following scenario: I have opened some IMAP group in gnus,
then went to another computer, and went there to the same IMAP group,
and (re)moved some of the messages from that group. Then I return to
the first computer again, and now gnus still thinks that these
articles exist, and lists them in when i open this group. But when I
try to view them, it shows an error:

No such article (may have expired or been canceled)

The question: how do I "update article list for a group", so that gnus
somehow "synchronizes" with the de-facto present articles, i.e. how to
force gnus to re-scan the article list from server?

Best,
v.

P.S. I would appreciate a CC of your reply to me.

* Re: Q: updating article list for a group
@ 2004-09-25 11:53 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2004-09-25 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Vladimir Volovich

Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vsu.ru> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I read my IMAP folders via gnus from several computers. Sometimes,
> e.g. in the following scenario: I have opened some IMAP group in gnus,
> then went to another computer, and went there to the same IMAP group,
> and (re)moved some of the messages from that group. Then I return to
> the first computer again, and now gnus still thinks that these
> articles exist, and lists them in when i open this group. But when I
> try to view them, it shows an error:
>
> No such article (may have expired or been canceled)
>
> The question: how do I "update article list for a group", so that gnus
> somehow "synchronizes" with the de-facto present articles, i.e. how to
> force gnus to re-scan the article list from server?

Gnus (nnimap) should synchronize which articles exists and which
doesn't when you enter the group.  Can you do (setq imap-log t) and
show us the logs from entering the group and selecting one article
that give that error?

Hm.  You didn't leave the summary buffer open on the first machine,
right?  You would have to actually quit the summary buffer, and then
re-generate it to make nnimap synchronize the flags.

* Re: nnimap: updating article list for a group
@ 2005-07-19 14:34 ` Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2005-07-19 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

"VV" == Vladimir Volovich writes:

 VV> I read my IMAP folders via gnus from several
 VV> computers. Sometimes, e.g. in the following scenario: I have
 VV> opened some IMAP group in gnus, then went to another computer,
 VV> and went there to the same IMAP group, and (re)moved some of the
 VV> messages from that group. Then I return to the first computer
 VV> again, and now gnus still thinks that these articles exist, and
 VV> lists them in when i open this group. But when I try to view
 VV> them, it shows an error:

 VV> No such article (may have expired or been canceled)

this behavior is still present with current gnus from CVS... :(

 VV> The question: how do I "update article list for a group", so that
 VV> gnus somehow "synchronizes" with the de-facto present articles,
 VV> i.e. how to force gnus to re-scan the article list from server?

Also, i experience another bad nnimap behavior: when i move some
message(s) using "B m" from one folder to another (on the same imap
server), it is usually that nnimap does not delete the message from
the first folder, i.e. after moving the message(s), i quit from the
folder, and then i can see these messages still there if i re-enter
this folder... :(