* Splitting across backends...
@ 1999-04-21 18:00 William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-04-21 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible yet to do mail splitting to a backend _other_ than the one
doing the retrieval?

I currently keep all of my email on my laptop, but would prefer to leave
the vast majority of it in IMAP back in seattle.  Email things that I tend
to deal with on long plane rides (Emacs/W3, XEmacs, etc), I want to have
local to the laptop so I can do things unplugged.

So I want to have the imap splitting code split some things into a nnml
folders, and the rest into just normal imap folders.

Or is there an easy way to tell the agent to cache _every_ mail message
locally for certain groups, whether I have actually read the thing or not?
I'm still fairly agent & cache ignorant.

-Bill P.