* [Feature req] NNIMAP Server configuration to support nnimap-username
@ 2004-08-17 17:26 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2004-08-17 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was editing imap server:

 (nnimap "imap.uta.fi"
         (nnimap-expunge-on-close always)
         (nnimap-username "ssjaaa")
         (nnimap-stream ssl))

I thought wrong. There doesnt seem to be nnimap-username ot other
variable to suppress login name question from IMAP servers. Could you
add one or something to to the the nnimap interface.

I'm running CVS gnus.

Jari

* Re: [Feature req] NNIMAP Server configuration to support nnimap-username
@ 2004-08-17 18:12 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2004-08-17 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: jari.aalto

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@poboxes.com> writes:

> I was editing imap server:
>
>  (nnimap "imap.uta.fi"
>          (nnimap-expunge-on-close always)
>          (nnimap-username "ssjaaa")
>          (nnimap-stream ssl))
>
> I thought wrong. There doesnt seem to be nnimap-username ot other
> variable to suppress login name question from IMAP servers. Could you
> add one or something to to the the nnimap interface.

Perhaps

  (nnimap "imap.uta.fi"
          (nnimap-expunge-on-close always)
          (imap-username "ssjaaa")
          (nnimap-stream ssl))

work.

Or perhaps putting

machine imap.uta.fi port imap login ssjaaaa

in ~/.authinfo work.