From: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>
Subject: Re: required packages documentation
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:24:38 +0100	[thread overview]

> NAGY Andras <nagya@inf.elte.hu> writes:
>
>> Gnus documentation should have a list of (x)emacs packages, which are
>> either required or recommended for building and running Gnus.
>
> Yup.  I always install everything, so I don't really know which ones I
> really need.  Does anybody have an overview?

The Gnus XEmacs package Makefile says

REQUIRES = gnus w3 mh-e mailcrypt rmail eterm mail-lib xemacs-base
           fsf-compat

but I'm not sure if it is reliable to document this set of packages,
they might change over time?  Maybe documenting that "whatever
packages the Gnus XEmacs package requires", possibly mentioning the
above packages as something that was current as-of-writing, is better?