Kai Grossjohann writes: > I'm thinking about augmenting Tramp with a multi-connection mode. > What does this have to do with Gnus, you ask? Well, opening a > connection to a remote host often means that the user has to enter a > password (or five). I would like to make it convenient for the user > to open more connections, so I'd like to cache the password that the > user typed. > > Is there something in Gnus or PGG or mailcrypt that could help me with > this? I guess I need some key (a string I guess) to store each > password under. And I need a way of retrieving the password later. There is code in pgg.el for this, but perhaps depending on it in tramp isn't the best idea. It could be separated. How about a password.el? > And some security of one kind of another would be nice, too. Left as an exercise to the reader.