* using Gnus/nnimap and other IMAP MUAs
@ 1999-11-16 23:12 Matt McClure
From: Matt McClure @ 1999-11-16 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

When using Gnus with nnimap, is it possible to use other IMAP MUAs to
access my folders as well?  I know that Gnus really wouldn't like it if
I allowed other MUAs to write to my nnfolder groups since Gnus has to
add the X-Gnus-Article-Number header and update the active file.  Is
this also a limitation with nnimap?

I'd like to be able to use Gnus on the machines on which I can install
it and Netscape Messenger or a webmail interface on others.

Thanks.

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/

* Re: using Gnus/nnimap and other IMAP MUAs
@ 1999-11-17  0:12 ` Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 1999-11-17  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

mm> When using Gnus with nnimap, is it possible to use other IMAP MUAs to
mm> access my folders as well?

You probably want to address this to the nnimap list, but in general
I haven't run into too many problems.  You just have to remember
that nnimap treats messages flagged for deletion a bit differently
than other IMAP clients.  Basically I'll occasionally use another
client to read messages, but not delete them until I can cleanup
(delete/expire) with gnus later.

Amos

* Re: using Gnus/nnimap and other IMAP MUAs
@ 1999-11-17  1:13 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-11-17  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Matt McClure <matthew.mcclure.es.99@aya.yale.edu> writes:

> When using Gnus with nnimap, is it possible to use other IMAP MUAs to
> access my folders as well?  I know that Gnus really wouldn't like it if
> I allowed other MUAs to write to my nnfolder groups since Gnus has to
> add the X-Gnus-Article-Number header and update the active file.  Is
> this also a limitation with nnimap?

Nope.