* howto discover lost nnml articles
@ 1999-06-12 15:04 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-06-12 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote a simple script to help me discover "lost" articles in nnml
groups, perhaps you'll find it useful too.

It seems as if Gnus loses articles in sequence, not just random
ones. I'm not sure when I started seeing this problem, but I think
other has reported similar problems with Pterodactyls too. I haven't
found a way to reproduce it or to determine what causes it, sorry.

#!/bin/bash
#: Usage: dingit.sh <nnml-directory>
#:
#: Find nnml articles with no overview database entry for gnus
#:
#: jas@pdc.kth.se 990612
test -z "$1" && grep '^#:' $0 && exit 1
for group in `find $1 -name .overview`; do
    echo Processing `dirname $group`...
    for article in `dirname $group`/*; do
	test -f $article && ! grep ^`basename $article` $group > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo Article $article has no overview entry
    done
done

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-06-12 15:04 UTC | newest]