* Word2x
@ 1999-12-03 23:23 Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 1999-12-03 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Erm, I'm sure this was discussed before, but how do I insert some
suitable rule so that I can use word2x to read application/msword
attachments?

I know I could set .mailcap so that an extra terminal would pop up
containing the output of word2x (just as display or xv gets used to
display images), but what if I have a filter which can transform a
MIME part into text: can I easily declare that and have the text
displayed inline?

* Re: Word2x
@ 1999-12-04 16:06 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-12-04 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Erm, I'm sure this was discussed before, but how do I insert some
> suitable rule so that I can use word2x to read application/msword
> attachments?

Try putting

application/msword; word2x %s; copiousoutput

in your ~/.mailcap and click on the attachment, you should see the
output in your article buffer. Latest CVS copy required.