* nnimap-split-rule with 2+ headers
@ 1999-11-09 15:43 Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 1999-11-09 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi gang:

How do I match for 2+ header lines in one nnimap split rule?  I've
tried to match for `[.\n]*' hoping that it would continue to look
through following lines, but to no avail.

What I want to achieve is: all email addressed do `support@bar' goes
to `g1' group, except for the email coming from domain `foo'; the
latter should generally go to `g2' unless it is a reply to one of the
emails living in `g1'.  I've tried to use something along these lines:

 ("g1" "^From:.*@foo[.\n]*\\(^To\\|^CC\\).*support@bar[.\n]*^References:")
 ("g2" "^From:.*@foo[.\n]*\\(^To\\|^CC\\).*support@bar")
 ("g1" "\\(^To\\|^CC\\).*support@bar")

Thanks,

-TS

* Re: nnimap-split-rule with 2+ headers
@ 1999-11-09 16:34 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-11-09 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Tibor Simko <tibor.simko@cern.ch> writes:

> How do I match for 2+ header lines in one nnimap split rule?  I've
> tried to match for `[.\n]*' hoping that it would continue to look
> through following lines, but to no avail.
>
> What I want to achieve is: all email addressed do `support@bar' goes
> to `g1' group, except for the email coming from domain `foo'; the
> latter should generally go to `g2' unless it is a reply to one of the
> emails living in `g1'.  I've tried to use something along these lines:
>
>  ("g1" "^From:.*@foo[.\n]*\\(^To\\|^CC\\).*support@bar[.\n]*^References:")
>  ("g2" "^From:.*@foo[.\n]*\\(^To\\|^CC\\).*support@bar")
>  ("g1" "\\(^To\\|^CC\\).*support@bar")

Are you sure the headers always are ordered this way? I think To/CC
usually comes before From, but of course you can't rely on that.

Perhaps we should see if the fancy splitting stuff work with the
nnimap splitter...

* Re: nnimap-split-rule with 2+ headers
@ 1999-11-09 16:39 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-11-09 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does it work to set nnimap-split-rule to nnmail-split-fancy and to
then set nnmail-split-fancy appropriately?
kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser

* Fancy splitting with nnimap (was: nnimap-split-rule with 2+ ...)
@ 1999-11-09 17:00   ` Toby Speight
From: Toby Speight @ 1999-11-09 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon> Simon Josefsson <URL:mailto:jas@pdc.kth.se>

0> In article <ilu9047wrmp.fsf@badis.pdc.kth.se>, Simon wrote:

Simon> Perhaps we should see if the fancy splitting stuff work with
Simon> the nnimap splitter...

Yes, please!  It's been on my to-do list for a while, but still not
yet done.  If someone does it, they'll get my thanks (and a beer if
they're ever local to me).

* Re: nnimap-split-rule with 2+ headers
@ 1999-11-09 17:40   ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 1999-11-09 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    SJ> Are you sure the headers always are ordered this way? I think
    SJ> To/CC usually comes before From, but of course you can't rely
    SJ> on that.

Yes, the order of headers is sort of random.  In spite of it, I think
I checked that the regexp would not match even if the order is okay.

    KG> Does it work to set nnimap-split-rule to nnmail-split-fancy
    KG> and to then set nnmail-split-fancy appropriately?

Have not tried it, since people reported problems, IIRC.

cheers,

@ 1999-11-09 18:27     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-11-09 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tibor Simko <tibor.simko@cern.ch> writes:

> Have not tried it, since people reported problems, IIRC.

Really?  I don't think anybody has tried it yet!  (I'm on the ding and
nnimap lists.)

kai
--

@ 1999-11-11  9:37       ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 1999-11-11  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

    KG> I don't think anybody has tried it yet!

You seem to be right, I just checked both ding and nnimap archives.

cheers,

-TS

* Re: Fancy splitting with nnimap (was: nnimap-split-rule with 2+ ...)
@ 1999-11-19 23:16     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-11-19 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Toby Speight <Toby.Speight@streapadair.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> Simon> Perhaps we should see if the fancy splitting stuff work with
> Simon> the nnimap splitter...
>
> Yes, please!  It's been on my to-do list for a while, but still not
> yet done.  If someone does it, they'll get my thanks (and a beer if
> they're ever local to me).

I tried `nnmail-split-fancy' with the nnimap splitter just now and it
worked.

(setq nnmail-split-fancy ...
      nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
      nnimap-split-rule 'nnmail-split-fancy)

* Re: Fancy splitting with nnimap (was: nnimap-split-rule with 2+ ...)
@ 1999-11-22 13:46       ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 1999-11-22 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

    SJ> I tried `nnmail-split-fancy' with the nnimap splitter just now
    SJ> and it worked.

I can confirm as well that it works for me without any apparent
problem.

cheers,

-TS