From: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>
Subject: Re: broken: #secure method=pgp mode=signencrypt
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:05:23 +0200	[thread overview]

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> writes:

> The other issue (might be a feature request or yet another question for
> help with the configuration) is that Gnus doesn't show me the boundaries
> of the encrypted part of such a mail unless I press W s, and if I do, it
> still doesn't tell me the part was signed, I only get to know it was
> encrypted. Strange?

Probably not; Gnus doesn't know that a PGP message blob is signed or
not, it just assume it is (only) encrypted.  Parsing the output from
GnuPG and looking for GOODSIG and similar text could work (although
one should be careful not to use data from the message itself), but
perhaps the proper solution is to write a simple OpenPGP message
decoder, like Gnus do to distinguish between signed, encrypted or
enveloped PKCS#7 aka CMS aka S/MIME messages.