* Crypto-MIME in GNUS
@ 2001-04-10  8:52 Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2001-04-10  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

since I have received so much help revising my mail schemes and once
again I'm very satisified with how things work, I thought I should
contribute something that some people might useful. I don't think I
posted this here, yet.

There is a lot of encrypted mail coming in/going out here and I needed
gnus to be able to handle it completely transparent and MIME
compliant. Unfortunately there were some problems.

The biggest problem was that the gnus crypto function didn't work
since it gave mailcrypt the buffer to encrypt that didn't contain
headers so mailcrypt had no way to determine who to encrypt it
for. Also when I got it to work half-way I realized that CC and BCC
were ignored.

Also I wanted a nice way to determine whether to encrypt or sign that
I could toggle while composing the mail.

AND I wanted it to interface with the BBDB. I havethe "pgp-mail" field
that if set to sign/encrypt automatically signs/encrypts everything to
this person.

What is also nice is an easy way to include public keys into the mail
with correct MIME type. The solution I have is ugly but I didn't have
time to think about something better and for now it works.

The following code fixes/does all this. It is probably more a cludge
than a solution but it does the job and I have been using it
successfully for a few months now. Maybe someone will find it useful.

Personally I have set: