From: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>
Subject: Re: interactive-p
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:33:24 +0100	[thread overview]

>> Could you please check for bad uses of interactive-p in these files?
>
> I'm not quite sure what counts as bad uses.  Functions that change
> their behavior surprisingly based on whether they're called
> interactively or not?
>> gnus/pgg.el
>
> Here it's used throughout the package, which seems odd.  I've Cc'd
> this message to the Gnus mailing list; perhaps people there have
> input on why pgg.el does it this way.

IIUC, it do this to be able to have a nice user interface when used
interactively, e.g., switch to the output buffer after decrypting
something, but at the same be usable from lisp code that do not want
pgg to do anything with the user interface.

Is that bad?

The number of uses can be reduced, but I'm not sure I see why that is
better.