* Using group parameters in group buffer?
@ 2001-09-14  8:35 Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2001-09-14  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I enter summary buffer when I want to use group parameters. Can group
parameters be used in group buffer before entering summary buffer?

Group parameters are valid only in summary buffer, right? I think
it'll be more convenient if I can use them in group buffer.

I just guess that group parameters can be determined from the location
of the cursor in group buffer.

Any idea?

--
|  Jinhyok Heo            mailto : novembre @ournature.org
|                         whoami : <http://ournature.org/~novembre/>
|  "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" --- a Ladakhi monk

* Re: Using group parameters in group buffer?
@ 2001-09-14 13:56 ` Nuutti Kotivuori
From: Nuutti Kotivuori @ 2001-09-14 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jinhyok Heo wrote:
> I enter summary buffer when I want to use group parameters. Can
> group parameters be used in group buffer before entering summary
> buffer?
>
> Group parameters are valid only in summary buffer, right? I think
> it'll be more convenient if I can use them in group buffer.
>
> I just guess that group parameters can be determined from the
> location of the cursor in group buffer.
>
> Any idea?

'G p' edits group parameters from the group buffer.

'G c' customizes them.

-- Naked

* Re: Using group parameters in group buffer?
@ 2001-09-14 14:21   ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2001-09-14 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

    NK> 'G p' edits group parameters from the group buffer.
    NK> 'G c' customizes them.

You got me wrong.

I didn't mean to edit or customize group parameters in the group
buffer.  I think it's not possible to do it in the summary buffer,
right?

I meant I wanted to *use* the parameters.

For example, if I set ((to-list . "ding@gnus.org")) on ding list and
am going to hit 'a' to use it, I have to be in the summary buffer of
ding list.  I think it'll be more convenient if it can be done in the
group buffer also.

--

@ 2001-09-14 14:45     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-09-14 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jinhyok Heo <novembreN0$PAM@ournature.org> writes:

> For example, if I set ((to-list . "ding@gnus.org")) on ding list and
> am going to hit 'a' to use it, I have to be in the summary buffer of
> ding list.  I think it'll be more convenient if it can be done in the
> group buffer also.

Try `C-u a'.