From: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>
Subject: Re: emulating mozilla's Label command
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 23:29:57 +0200	[thread overview]

Chris Green <cmg@dok.org> writes:

> Mozilla mail and probably other mail clients have a feature where you
> can mark messages with an integer identifier that maps to some user
> defined classification system
>
>  Important,Work,Personal,Todo,Later,etc..
>
> Is there an easy way to emulate this with marks?

Perhaps there are simpler solution, but your report started a
different process in my mind: It should be easier to introduce new
flags in Gnus.  It should be possible to add user-defined flags.  We
add flags from time to time to Gnus, and the process of doing this is
technically simple, if only you recall to update all places in the
code.  It can probably be generalized and made available as a user
command.  FWIW, I believe several back ends handle non-standard flags
just fine, like at least nnml, nnfolder, and nnimap.