* A Bug (But don't fix it yet...)
@ 1999-12-02 15:28 Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)
From: Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) @ 1999-12-02 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

nnimap 0.131 , Pterodactyl Gnus v0.99, NT Emacs 20.4.1

I have several nnimap and nnml group with same name.  nnimap split new
mail into nnimap groups and then I manually move mail to the appropriate
nnml group.

After receiving nwe mail and splitting, *both* nnimap and nnml groups
are marked as having new mail (%m mark), even before I more it from
nnimap to nnml.

I don't want this bug to be fixed until nnimap would be able to split
into other backedns.

--
Yair Friedman.

* Re: A Bug (But don't fix it yet...)
@ 1999-12-02 17:05 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-12-02 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) <YAIRFR@Amdocs.com> writes:

> After receiving nwe mail and splitting, *both* nnimap and nnml groups
> are marked as having new mail (%m mark), even before I more it from
> nnimap to nnml.

This is because `nnmail-split-history' only contain un-prefixed group
names.

The same problem exist when having similarly named groups in different
nnmail backends too.

> I don't want this bug to be fixed until nnimap would be able to split
> into other backedns.

Ok. :-)

It won't be able to do that in a while though, I think. Perhaps a
backend independent splitter could be a 'todo' for the next alpha gnus
series...