From: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with my spam.el settings now?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:18:12 +0200	[thread overview]

bkhl@elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> Björn, how are you quitting the group? Are you exiting it with 'q' to
>> save the marks?
>
> Yes, that's what I did in the test I demonstrated earlier.
>
>> If you type G E on the group before entering, and save the list of
>> articles associated with 'seen', then enter the group and read a few
>> articles and quit the group using 'q', and press G E again, do the
>> 'seen' list look the same?
>
> They change a little bit.
>
> If I do GE on the spam group, it can look like this:
>
>  ((seen [...]
>         (11842 . 11843)))
>
> If I enter the group with M-1 RET, I see one article with a spam mark. I
> then leave the group with q, and the last element of the seen list has
> changed so that:
>
>  ((seen [...]
>         (11842 . 11844)))

This information and the information earlier in the thread doesn't add
up for me.  Earlier I interpreted the problem that seen marks were
visible on articles the second time you entered a group with that
article.  Did I misunderstand that?  Is that still the problem?  If
the seen list is updated as above, then the summary buffer shouldn't
have a "unseen" mark on the 11844 article upon entering the group the
second time.  Did it?

I'm not sure how this problem relate to the spam mark, but presumably
it is because spam.el use the seen mark to decide which articles to