* SASL elisp library
@ 2002-07-31 23:21 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-07-31 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I intend to update imap.el in Gnus to use the SASL elisp library from
FLIM (which looks much cleaner than the current ad-hoc stuff, plus it
adds support for DIGEST-MD5, NTLM and SCRAM-MD5), and I wanted to make
sure the copyright situation was clear.

I intend to add the following files to Gnus (unless someone thinks
this whole idea is bad), all from FLIM 1.14.4 (let me know if there
are later versions):

hmac-def.el
hmac-md5.el
sasl.el
sasl-cram.el
sasl-scram.el
sasl-digest.el
sasl-ntlm.el
ntlm.el

All but sasl-scram.el and ntlm.el says the copyright is hold by FSF.
Have you signed papers for this?

About sasl-scram.el and ntlm.el, would you be willing to sign papers
to the FSF for these?

Once these are in Emacs, I guess we could continue to update
smtpmail.el, sieve-manage.el and perhaps other stuff to use the SASL
library too.