* Update copyright/license on new files?
@ 2004-01-05  1:16 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2004-01-05  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some files, e.g. md4.el look like this:

;; Copyright (C) 2001 Taro Kawagishi
;; Author: Taro Kawagishi <tarok@transpulse.org>
;; Version: 1.00
;; Created: February 2001

;; This file is part of FLIM (Faithful Library about Internet Message).

;; This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
;; the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
;; any later version.
;;
;; This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
;;
;; along with this program; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to the
;; Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
;; Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

Should we change this into the standard Emacs stuff?  I assume so, but
thought I'd better check here first.

I believe copyright papers have been assigned for all the stuff I
added, but given the number of files I would appreciate if some
verified this independently.

The author of sasl-scram.el have assigned copyrights to the FSF for a
number of changes, but it is unclear if they apply to sasl-scram.el
too, I've asked assign@gnu.org to clarify.  Meanwhile, I haven't
installed that file.  It is not critical, so it shouldn't matter (the
SCRAM-MD5 SASL mechanism was never fully adopted, I believe).

* Re: Update copyright/license on new files?
@ 2004-01-05  1:23 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-01-05  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I believe copyright papers have been assigned for all the stuff I
> added, but given the number of files I would appreciate if some
> verified this independently.

You could send en email to the authors mentioned in these files and
ask them if they've applied any patches to the files from
non-assigned people...

* Re: Update copyright/license on new files?
@ 2004-01-05  1:33   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2004-01-05  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> I believe copyright papers have been assigned for all the stuff I
>> added, but given the number of files I would appreciate if some
>> verified this independently.
>
> You could send en email to the authors mentioned in these files and
> ask them if they've applied any patches to the files from
> non-assigned people...

Wildo.  Although I went through the FLIM ChangeLog and CVS logs to try
and find out if this was the case.  The SASL library is fairly new,
and doesn't import legacy code like much of FLIM do.