* [NNIMAP]: How to effectively delete an IMAP folder ?
@ 2005-02-12 16:11 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-12 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

This may be a FAQ but I can't find a good answer.

How can I delete a group on my IMAP server in Gnus (No Gnus
v0.3) ?

I would have think that C-k/G DEL on a `nnimap' group would have
do it for me automatically but it didn't and I still see the
folder on my IMAP folder.

Any hint on that ?

Regards
--
.o.  | Hacker wonderland
..o  |

* Re: [NNIMAP]: How to effectively delete an IMAP folder ?
@ 2005-02-13  0:16 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2005-02-13  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> This may be a FAQ but I can't find a good answer.
>
> How can I delete a group on my IMAP server in Gnus (No Gnus
> v0.3) ?
>
> I would have think that C-k/G DEL on a `nnimap' group would have
> do it for me automatically but it didn't and I still see the
> folder on my IMAP folder.
>
> Any hint on that ?

C-u G DEL

C-k or C-u G DEL only remove it from Gnus, not on the server.

I'm somewhat annoyed at this.  IMHO, pressing DEL on a group should be
sufficient; you should get a "Are you sure (yes/no)" question, but
that should be it.

* Re: [NNIMAP]: How to effectively delete an IMAP folder ?
@ 2005-02-13  0:25   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2005-02-13  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This may be a FAQ but I can't find a good answer.
>>
>> How can I delete a group on my IMAP server in Gnus (No Gnus
>> v0.3) ?
>>
>> I would have think that C-k/G DEL on a `nnimap' group would have
>> do it for me automatically but it didn't and I still see the
>> folder on my IMAP folder.
>>
>> Any hint on that ?
>
> C-u G DEL
>
> C-k or C-u G DEL only remove it from Gnus, not on the server.

         ^^^

Remove that, I meant G DEL only, of course.

> I'm somewhat annoyed at this.  IMHO, pressing DEL on a group should be
> sufficient; you should get a "Are you sure (yes/no)" question, but
> that should be it.

It should be noted that making that happen would be a backwards
incompatible change, though.